I was born after a long time to my parents, and I thank them for making me who I am.
Today, I’m sharing five things that my parents taught me :
- Keep trying– No matter what, never give up. You can fail but, one day you shall win.
2. Independent– I was given a cycle as early as class three, and by the time I was in the sixth class I knew every road in my area. I’m so thankful to my parents for making me “independent’ and not making me sit under a rock.
3. Be Brave– Life is always not a piece of cake, and hurdles are a part of it. Instead of feeling ‘sorry’ for yourself, fight with it…or just move on. But, do not be a coward.
4. Being A Friend – I think its important to open up with your children, to not only know whats in their mind but also to let them know that you are there for them. I was blessed to know that no matter what I do, or how less marks I get in Maths 😉 I will not be thrown to the cellar.
5. A daughter is no less than a son– I saved this for the last. My parents made sure to keep me ahead in everything. I did not have a sibling for 10 years, but never ever did I hear my parents say ‘that kaash ek beta hojaae’ I always wanted a brother & I was of course delighted when he was born.
737 total views, 6 views today