Trying to lose weight? But snacks are your main culprit?
All your meals are on point, But when it comes to snacking, you lose control?
Today we will be discussing how not to sabotage your efforts, by snacks. It’s essential to bite on greens and nuts, but often we want a break.
Let’s discuss 10 snacks that are within 100 calories and will not burn holes in your pocket.
10 Snacks Under 100 Calories Which Will Keep You Satisfied
Olives are very high in antioxidants and besides being a good snack option, they also help you lose weight. Adding chopped olives to an omelet, or just having a handful on the side can be a good snack option. Olives also contain a substantial amount of iron, which needless to say is good for your health.
Home to healthy fats, vitamin E, and magnesium almonds are one of the best snacks options. Almonds also contain fiber and proteins which helps you stay fuller for longer. Although, portion control must be practiced and must be consumed in the right quantity.
When you crave desert after dinner, then ditch the milk chocolate and switch over to dark chocolate. It does not taste as good, but once again it improves heart health and controls blood pressure too. Please do not consume a whole bar. Just measure it, and consume about 15-20 grams only. Else, it is not healthy 😉
4- The Green Snack Co
Healthy snacks which, spoil you with choice and deliver right to your doorsteps. The catch is, that each pack is 99 calories each. So, when you feel like adding some crunch to your snacks, this is your thing.
It comes in three variants:
- Thai Sweet Chilli
- Sea Salt & Vinegar
- Cheese & Onion
The flavors of Kale Crisps are as follows;
- Cheese & Onion- A perfect blend of taste and health, the goodness of Kale and the rich flavor of Cheddar Cheese. Cheddar Cheese when concocted with Garlic, Onion and Cashew creates a storm of flavours known to incite a flurry of smiles and grins.
- Sea Salt & Vinegar- This will have you craving for more goodness! Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne Pepper and Sea Salt, these three ingredients when combined in perfect precision create an exquisite treat. The only known side effect? An unyielding craving for more!
- Thai Sweet Chili- These are a perfect balance of sweet and spice and everything nice! The fine balance of taste and health has now been perfected as Bell Peppers, Thai Chillies, Creamy Cashews and Fresh Pineapples combine to jolt your drool ducts into motion.
Roasted to perfection, our Quinoa Puffs come with the goodness of 6 super grains – Quinoa, Amaranth, Ragi, Soya, Rice & Maize, which are great sources of Protein, Fibre, and Minerals, along with being rich in B-vitamins and Antioxidants.
The flavors of Quinoa Puffs are as follows;
- Saucy Salsa- The goodness of five nutritious grains, Quinoa, Ragi, Amaranth, Soy, Maize and Rice, in one saucy puff! Our mouth watering puffs come with delightful dollops of super grains, all roasted to perfection. So, taste the goodness and keep your heart & gut healthy
- Peppy Cheese- A cheesy relationship with five nutritious grains, Quinoa, Amaranth, Ragi, Soy and Maize, a delectable union of cheese and five Super Grain with a casual sprinkle of spices, this healthy, cheesy and savory treat leaves your lips begging for more.
- Zesty Kale- A heady mix of Quinoa and five other Super Grains with the added twist of Kale and Garlic seasoning makes it the best bud for your taste buds.
- Fiery Spice- These mouth-watering puffs come with delightful dollops of super grains like Quinoa , Amaranth , Ragi , Soy and Maize , to top it up, a twist of spiciness and tanginess is added.
6 Grain Stix
Six Grain Stix are roasted delicious treats with the goodness of six super grains- Oats, Ragi, Soya, Sorghum , Maize and Rice which are highly rich in proteins, fiber, Vitamin B, and antioxidants.
The flavors of 6 Grain Stix are as follows;
- Tangy Pickle- When it comes to giving your palate a joyride of spicy &tangy flavors this is ‘A-cannot-miss-munchy’, that is Gluten Free, contains no added preservatives, no MSG and what’s even better is that it has only 99 CALORIES!
- Smokey Barbeque- Our Smokey BBQ flavor lends a rich, oaky warmth to the delectable mix of super grains. Now whet your appetite for any time snacks with these delicious gluten-free treats, with only 99 CALORIES!
Cheesy Jalapeno- A cheesy relationship with a twist of Jalapeno. These bite-sized treats are the perfect partner for those
They have a blog where you can find creative ideas to use these snacks.
I personally like to use these snacks, on the go. Besides, being made from quinoa, kale and healthy grains I even let my children enjoy these snacks.
The best part is it is free from potatoes and any harmful colors and chemicals.
Please read the labels, few packets are slightly more than 100 calories, and you might need to half the portion size.
Price ranges from Rs 35/- to Rs 200/-
It tastes good, and the fact that the calories are minimal makes it a good option for traveling too.
The packaging is good, and I received the products in good condition. The kale crisps were however broken, but that would be due to the transport.
The packaging was in a carton, and keeping the rains in mind was also covered with plastic.
5- Hummus and veggies sticks
Now, who does not LOVE hummus? I mean it’s tasty and the perfect blend of chickpeas and olive oil. And, a platter of carrot sticks with some hummus makes the perfect TV snack. It’s also good for children. It can be easily made at home and stored for 2-3 days. It’s also available in the market, but please read your labels.
6-Apple and peanut butter 1/2 Tsp
Apple a day, keeps the doctor away. So, nothing better to snack on, but apples. Sounds boring? Try adding some chaat masala or 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on the side. This will start a whole new love affair with apples trust me.
Dates are full of benefits for your nervous system, bones, and digestion. It is high in sugar content, so consuming more than 2 dates a day will hinder your weight loss plans. Dates are also, a good source of iron.
8- Hard Boiled Egg
Well. eggs are excellent, snacks. The yolk is ok as well. But, if you skip the yolk, the egg whites alone can fill you up with proteins, and the calories are really less.
9-Greek yogurt with honey
100 grams of Greek Yogurt, topped with some honey and maybe chopped fruits can be a good alternative to waffles and candies. You get to fix your sweet tooth, and that too in a form of rich dessert’ish healthy snack.
10- Protein Bars
There are lots of protein bars on the market, and reading the labels are necessary while purchasing them. Make sure to stick to 100 calories one and not overdo.
What are your favorite healthy snacks? These are my favorite, hassle-free snacks for keeping your hunger pangs at bay.
Please make sure to exercise portion control, and include some type of workout as well.
This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are honest and unbiased. Read the full disclaimer here.