Diet and healthy lifestyle. need not be boring. I mean it when I say, that it not all about steamed veggies and fish. I lost the majority of my weight eating my favorite foods and, a treat every single day. Definitely i have not curated my own recipes, but I do follow a lot of healthy bloggers and use their recipes. Plus, I tend to use My Fitness Pal, where I log on my daily meals and it helps me understand my calories in vs out.
(Would you like me to do a post on #myfitnesspal?)
So, today we have Deepa from Kreativemommy.com who has shared a healthy yet yummy recipe with us. And, she has 26 healthy recipes in her ebook which can be downloaded here
Recipe For Healthy Chana Dal vadas
- Channa dal or Bengal gram dal – 1 cup, soaked for 4-5 hours in water
- Onions – 1 medium (chopped)
- Green chilies – few (according to taste)
- Asafoetida or Hing – a pinch
- Ginger – 2-inch piece
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Coriander leaves – chopped, few
- Salt – according to taste
- Cinnamon stick – 1(small)
- Oil – for deep-frying
- First of all, soak the dal in enough water for at least 4-5 hours.
- Now, drain the water and add the soaked dal, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cinnamon stick in the grinder and grind to a smooth mixture using very little water.
- Take it out in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients to it. Mix it well.
- Next step is to start frying. Heat oil to deep-fry the vadas.
- First, divide the mixture into equal portions and flatten out on the palm of your hand to give them round shape.
- Fry them on low to medium heat. Cook nicely from both the sides.
- Fry them till they turn golden brown. Drain the vadas and remove them onto a paper towel.
- Crispy chana dal vadas are ready. Serve hot with chutney of your choice. Enjoy!
Preparation time – 6 hours (including soaking time)
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Calories – 90-100 cal per vada (depending on the size of the vada.)
Deepa is a Postgraduate in Foods and Nutrition, who also went on to complete her M.Phil. A freelance dietitian, she loves dancing and writing. She strongly believes in the adage, “Make your passion your profession and you will never regret”.
A dietitian by education, Blogger by passion, a mommy of two girls, she shares all her experiences through her creative eyes as a blogger at https://kreativemommy.com.
Follow her on her blog to read about her thoughts and ideas on everything about life. It is a one place solution for all your queries related to nutrition,traveling, parenting, and everything life.